Market News & Headlines >> FSA Paperwork Ahead

USDA recommends that farmers do their paperwork to participate in the new Farm Service Agency programs ahead of time. This especially applies to producers who have not provided farm records to FSA in the past, those who have recently bought, sold or rented land. Those who have changed business structure need to record the new entity and relationships among individuals. Most importantly, sign up for the Livestock Indemnity Program and Livestock Forage Disaster Program will begin by April 15 and getting paperwork done in advance will ensure prompt enrollment. 

For more information about the farm bill, FSA programs and the disaster programs: