Market News & Headlines >> Now Hiring Farm Marketing Consultant
Farm Marketing Consultant
Brock Associates, Milwaukee, WI
Brock Associates is a market advisory firm focused on helping farmers, agribusinesses, and other commercial companies strategically manage commodity price risk. Founded by Richard Brock in 1981 when he began publishing the weekly newsletter, The Brock Report, Brock Associates has four areas of risk management offerings: Seminars, Publications, Brokerage Services, and Consulting Services.
Brock Associates is seeking to hire a commodity consultant to meet the growing demand for risk management assistance. Your primary role will be to consult farmers and agri-businesses on how to hedge their commodity price risk through the use of cash contracts, futures and options. You will be responsible for handling an existing customer base, and generating new business from a steady flow of leads provided by Brock Associates.
You will be strongly supported by a team of consultants and brokers to ensure your success. Compensation will be competitive, reflect experience, and be comprised of a base salary plus commission on revenues earned. Consultants usually exceed $100,000 in total compensation by their 3rd year.
A high degree of time and travel flexibility will be granted to a consultant who is focused and motivated. While working from the main office in Milwaukee and having an agricultural background are preferred, relocating to Milwaukee and a specific background are not required for the right person. Many of our consultants work remotely.
- Build a client base through direct solicitation, strategically leveraging leads and relationships
- Assist clients in developing sales and purchasing strategies to manage their commodity price risk
- Be resourceful and responsive to client needs, empowering more confident decisions
- Provide direct marketing support to clients by managing hedge accounts, communicating company recommendations, monitoring cash markets, and continuously assessing their risk profile
- B.S. Degree
- 10 years’ work experience
- Series 3 Certification (obtainable upon hire)
Knowledge & Skills
- Practices and processes of crop and livestock production
- Grain pricing and contracting procedures
- Agricultural economy and industry trends
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Preparing proposals, presentations, agreements and reports
- Self-motivation, organization, planning, and time management
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to David Brock at [email protected]. Your application is completely confidential. If you have any questions please reach out to David at 414.540.2623.